New Wiki Bug Page

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:51:58 PDT 2012

Unfortunately it looks like automating this process will be near
impossible. When you download CSV files from bugzilla it lacks most fields
(no idea why they do this), thus making it necessary to do the individual
searches with queries on specific fields. After this I would have to add
fields to the csv file in LO or some other software, then merge the files.
Ultimately I'm debating if it's worth the time. I do like the idea in
general and think it makes for a more functional search experience for
developers but getting this started as well as keeping it up to date might
just be too time consuming/not efficient.

Just to give an idea of how many files I would need to download just for
skill level, topic & skills needed would be 3(beginner, interesting,
unknown) * 5(UI,Cleanup,Debug,Web,QA) * 9 (CPP, Debug, Infra, Java,
JavaScript, Python, Script, Uno, Vcl) = 135

Furthermore, I can't figure out how to automate the downloads of the CSV
files which would make my work a lot easier. If anyone knows a method to do
this please share.

This is now an unknown, 135 files to download, edit, merge, etc...I may try
to file a bug against bugzilla to see if they will add the ability to
download CSV files with all data instead of a truncated version

Joel