[ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.0 ALPHA1 test builds available

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.com
Mon Jun 4 06:23:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 2012-06-04 at 12:45 +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:

> > first obvious thing I notice on Windows is the menu bar being glassed.
> > That wouldn't be a problem of itself (I'm used to that from Firefox)
> > if the font color used for the menu entries combined with the badly
> > done glow effect wasn't making the menu completely unreadable. This
> > needs a lot of polishing.
>
> Kendy, are you aware of this problem?

Yes, this is still not finished, and what is visible in the Alpha is
still more a proof-of-concept than the final thing.  It was discussed at
the ESC as the "UI cleanups / improvements (Kendy)" point in "Known
features racing the freeze".

The final thing will probably have to go in as a late feature [or the
current looke reverted] later this week.  But I'm meeting with Mirek M.
tomorrow, and I'm sure he'll come up with something beautiful :-)

All the best,
Kendy