[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.0 ALPHA1 test builds available

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 5 01:33:53 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 05:12:19PM +0200, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> for the upcoming new version 3.6.0, the first public ALPHA1 builds now
> start to be available on pre-releases.
>
> Builds are now being uploaded to a public (but non-mirrored - so don't
> spread news too widely!) place, as soon as they're available. Grab
> them here:
>
>  http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/
>
> If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report bugs not yet in
> bugzilla. The first beta release is planned for after the feature freeze
> that will happen on 4th of June 2012.

I also finished a very early prelease package of the LibreOffice-3.6.0~alpha1.
It is:

 - i386 only
 - in https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-prereleases/
 - totally untested
 - I had to disable smoketest to finish it
 - will eat your cat and sacrifice your children to Zul
 - if you throw valueable data at it or install it on a productive system and
   complain about dataloss, I will mock you in public for it ;)
 - if you file bugs however, thats of course most welcome!
 - see:
   - http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2012/06/03/new-and-changed-features-experience-and-test-them-now/
   - http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2012/05/11/new-and-changed-functions-you-can-experience-and-test-them-now/
   for things to test and try out

To test this:
 - install Ubuntu 12.04 in a VMWare/VirtualBox
 - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases
 - sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome

Dont use this on productive machines!

Best,

Bjoern