[REVIEW-3-5] fdo#47805 rework handling of 64-bit registry entries

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:52:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is a big patch, but I think the logic is simple. It makes Windows
shell extensions work out of the box on 64-bit Windows. Instead of a
(non-working) hack with Reg64 table and 4 registry manipulating custom
actions, we use normal MSI actions to set the appropriate registry
keys during install and remove them during uninstall.

On the other hand, the resulting MSI database fails the ICE80 test,
because it associates a 64-bit registry item to a 32-bit directory
(WTF?), and installs 64-bit elements from a 32-bit installer. But in
real life it seems to be OK, installer does what it has to do (and
what I wanted). I tested it on Windows 7 32/64 bit, and Windows 2008
Server R2.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6d9be05a6fb251ed0cbcbcefd55ed174b1e8e39d

Please let me know, if you want this in libreoffice-3-5. I did not
try, maybe it does not apply cleanly, but I can backport.

Thanks,
Andras