Draft document-rendering tiling API to be called from viewer apps

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jun 6 07:29:08 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 16:16 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> >        It'd be rather nice to have some parameter names rather than just
> > 'long' 'int' etc. etc ;-)
>
> Of course. Those are specified in the IDL. No Java source code is

	Ah - sorry pardon; I read the IDL in the directory:

+    void render( [in] hyper buffer,
+                 [in] long bufferSize,

	IMHO the decision to render just squares prolly complicates the
situation un-necessarily. Consider an A4 document - 2 x sqrt(2) in
dimensions - almost certainly we end up with some 21x17 type ratio and
then have to work hard to try to pack squares into it. The rendering
code can cope with an arbitrary render area so ... I'd suggest we allow
that.

	Otherwise it looks very reasonable to me :-) thanks for the review,
[ the assumption being that in a nutshell we entirely fill the texture
with content so we don't need any 'dest_offset' pair ].

	HTH,

		Michael.