[REVIEW-3-5] fdo#50144 Additional information in the Selection field of Insert cross-reference dialog

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:31:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is a follow-up of my patch from yesterday, for Fields ->
Cross-references dialog. I learned about fdo#50144 and I agreed to the
proposal.

"It would be great if the Insert cross-reference dialogue Selection field would
contain also content of reference text following to the caption number (caption
of table or chart or other object) like in case of numbered paragraphs. It
would make much easier editing of large documents with tens of tables with
references in different pages."

With the patch below, we no longer have "Illustration 1",
"Illustration 2", etc. in the selection box, but we have the full
reference text, e.g. "Illustration 1: This is a dog, please don't be
offended" etc. Otherwise the behaviour of the dialog is the same. It
is even better when Caption order is Numbering first. Before there
were only the numbers in the Selection box, now there are full
reference text.

Please review it for libreoffice-3-5
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=10837b669c9fe3f6b1e1905bfbb855ca02497eb7

Thanks,