Is it ok to remove visual navigator comments?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 02:51:51 PDT 2012

On 07/06/12 11:46, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 05:00 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> it is more useful if it separates a chunk of related stuff from another
>> chunk of related stuff, e.g. if there are multiple classes implemented
>> in one file it can be nice to have a separator between the methods of
>> different classes, but this should usually result in a number of
>> separators in a file that can be counted on one hand.
>
> "The only thing that never looks right is a rule.  There is not in
> existence a page with a rule on it that cannot be instantly and
> obviously improved by taking the rule out." — George Bernard Shaw, in
> The Dolphin (1940) [according to Knuth]  :)

well obviously in a printed work you'd have a page break in this case,
so i fully agree with that.  however, people rarely print out our source
code, so the various files in sw/ that include literal ASCII form feed
characters are somewhat outdated; on a non-paginated display medium a
rule may make sense :)