Cleaning bug list

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:49:52 PDT 2012

Sure thing, I'll include it here and add a link as soon as I post over at
freedesktop bugs

1. If there has been a request for information and there has been no
response for 30+ days I'm putting NEEDINFO

2. If two or more people have said that they do not have the bug I'm doing
the following if there hasn't been action for 30+ days:
a. If it's stated that the bug was fixed in a recent release, I'm putting
RESOLVED with a comment that if it's not for the author or someone else to
open it back up
b. If it's stated that it's not our bug I'm changing status to NOTOURBUG
c. If it's stated that it never was a bug I'm putting NOTABUG with a
comment saying to open it back up with more information if it is a bug

3. If it's confirmed by other people I'm changing it to confirmed

4. Of course I'm taking a glance at them to see if I can take them on, I've
assigned two to myself.

5. If someone appears to be working on the bug and has implicitly or
explicitly said they are doing it (ie. it's in progress, almost done, "I'll
take this one", etc..) I'm changing to assigned and adding a name

With thousands of unknown bugs I think that this will help us divvy up the
work and prioritize a bit. After I do this phase I'll try to get consensus
on how to prioritize. Obviously security bugs and resource leaks get
highest, next I'm not sure but we can discuss this after.

I hope I'm not overstepping, just trying to help as much as possible as it
seems like there is a bit of a back log. If this isn't wanted just let me
know and I'll cease immediately.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this great project.

Joel