OpenSymbol license?

Mike "Pomax" Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri Jun 8 13:30:57 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been searching the various interwebs, as well as the liberoffice
source tree, for any kind of mention as to what license applies to the
OpenSymbol truetype font, but I just can't find anything useful. The
font's own project file (extras/source/truetype/symbol/OpenSymbol.sfd)
gives the following, somewhat cryptic, information:

     "Copyright: (c) 2009 Sun Microsystems Inc.\nTHERE DOES NOT EXIST
(c) 2011 Julien Nabet\nPRECEDES <-> DOES NOT SUCCEED (c) 2011 Olivier
Hallot"

I'd like to use this font on the web, but without any license
information anywhere, it's hard to tell whether this is allowed. Even if
the license is "there is no explicit license", that information has to
be somewhere... can anyone legally use this font?

Thanks in advance to whoever knows the answer,

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans