[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Fri Jun 8 08:13:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 03:45:11PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> 1. About dialog:
> ----------------
>
> It has to be user friendly. Last release candidate is the final build,
> so we must not mention "RC" in the version. The current scheme is:
>
> 	+ 3.X.Y alphaZ   - for alpha release
> 	+ 3.X.Y betaZ    - for beta releases
>         + 3.X.Y.Z        - for release candidates; the last one is final
>
> , where Y is the number of the bugfix release
> 4. Ubuntu/Debian:
> -----------------
>
> 	+ 3.X.Y~alphaZ   - for alpha releases
> 	+ 3.X.Y~betaZ    - for beta releases
> 	+ 3.X.Y.Z        - for release candidates
>
> I really like this solution. It seems to have everything. We just need
> to make sure that the tilda '~' is handled correctly and does not break
> some tools.

Why is the ~ necessary? Just do
 	+ 3.X.YalphaZ   - for alpha releases
 	+ 3.X.YbetaZ    - for beta releases
 	+ 3.X.Y.Z       - for release candidates

And to answer your question for pkgsrc: it knows about "alpha", "beta"
and "rc" and sorts them correctly. If there's a tilde in there we'd
have the change the pkgsrc name of the package to one without a tilde.
 Thomas