regcomp under windows, registering components

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Mon Jun 11 07:55:25 PDT 2012

Hi Stephan

It looks like services.rdb is now a xml file and regcomp/regview/regmerge
cannot handle it anymore. Besides, this xml is a one-line file, so pretty
hard to edit without unwindind it.

My 2 questions:

Is there a tool to handle services.rdb, beside pure xml text edition?

How easy it is to have the extension manager GUI as a installable module,
or bundled optional extension? Is it something that can fit into an easy
hack? (I am seeking to clone the update manager feature as starting point).

Thanks for the advise
Regards
Olivier

2012/6/5 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>

> On 06/04/2012 08:14 PM, Olivier Hallot wrote:
>
>> since LibreOffice 3.?, some of these libs moved elsewhere and dll's have
>> new names, specifically:
>>
>> what is now "deploymentguimi.uno.dll" ?
>>
>> (I have deployment.dll, deploymentgui.dll and deploymentmisclo.dll, so
>> which one?)
>>

> should be deploymentgui.dll now (for one, there was a move to replace
> per-platform suffixes like "mi" or "li" with a common "lo," and for
> another, during gbuild'ification some lib names got changed slightly, too).
>

>  \Basis\program\services.rdb
>>
>> seems to have moved to
>>
>> \program\services\services.**rdb,
>>
>> my best guess so far... Right?
>>

> Yes (for one, the three-layer layout got unwound again, so Basis is gone
> now, and for another, service rdbs were moved into a sub-directory of their
> own, program\services).
>
> Stephan

Olivier Hallot
Founder and Steering Commitee Member