Contributions (Alfresco)

sanketsharma at dukstra.com sanketsharma at dukstra.com
Thu Jun 14 06:24:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I
was, however, referring to the last section on that wiki page which
says:

	LibreOffice Alfresco
Implementation

The LibreOffice project uses Alfresco to manage technical
documentation. They are looking for help customizing their Alfresco
implementation (folder structure, permissions, minor Share user interface
tweaks, workflow, etc.).
Primary contact: David
Nelson

I have extensive experience in document
management systems and would like to contribute on that. (Getting alfresco
up and running, customizations, workflows etc.) or am I missing something
here?

Best
Regards,
Sanket

Hello Sanket,

> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 22:35 +0200, Sanket Sharma wrote:

>> While looking for some documentation on Alfresco, I came across
this

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Help_Wanted#LibreOffice_Alfresco_Implementation

>> (The last on at the bottom of the page)

> Well thanks for pointing to this wiki page at alfresco... I wasn't
aware

> of it.

>> Which says that the LibreOffice project is looking for people
with

>> Alfresco knowledge to help them with their Alfresco
implementation.

>> While I may not be a pro, but I would love to contribute in any
way I

>> can. I have worked on other open source projects and have made

>> contributions here and there.

> That was true a while ago... but the project has started in between.
3.6

> will support CMIS protocol to access files. The feature will still

> remain experimental, but most of the code is already present.

> What is already done:

> * Universal Content Provider for CMIS is almost complete

> * The internal file picker can allow pickup up CMIS files and
folders.

>> So, are you guys still looking for help with Alfresco? Can I
help? if

>> Yes, How do I get started?

> If you're willing to help there are still things to do in that
area,

> like:

> * Implement SOAP binding for libcmis

> * Integrate checkout / checkin in the UI

> * Show the versions of a document in the UI

> * Show / update the properties from the UI

> * Integrate CMIS access in Gnome, KDE, Windows, MacOS (others?)
native

> file pickers.

> * Push David Nelson to have a proper installation of Alfresco on

> LibreOffice side to get access to the CMIS bindings.

> I hope this didn't scare you. If you want to start on that topic,
you

> can have a look at libcmis [0], the CMIS UCP code [1] and the
internal

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/ucb/source/ucp/cmis/

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/fpicker/source/office/