Smooth filter - to release notes

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:05:19 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:
> Hi Tomaž,
>
> First of all, thanks for all the work around the better bitmap
> filters! :-) - I love that:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ee41193f3e12ea55237f7681e4b53162a0d421d2
>
> [and around]
>
> Can you please add that to
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.7
>
> ideally with a screenshot / screenshots?
>
> All the best,
> Kendy

Hi,

I intended to add this to the release notes but 3.7 release is still
far away and I want to play with the UI for filters. I want to make
something similar to "contour editor" and "image map" but for image
manipulation, where you could make changes to the specified image and
see the changes in the preview window. Afterwards you could apply the
changes to the actual image in the document. I think this is a more
natural way to do image manipulation than the current solution. What
do you think?

Regards, Tomaž