[REVIEW 3.6 FEATURE] Masterpages

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jun 18 06:58:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 03:35:11PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> 1. Make sure that "CubaLibre" is not listed as the first template
>    (rename it or rename any other template).
>
>    I like it. The problem is that it is not standard because the text is
>    rotated. If you start with this template, the text stays rotated even
>    if you later use another background. If you start with default
>    document and use this background, the text is not rotated and it
>    looks ugly.
>
>    => I think that this template is a timing bomb to produce flood of
>       bug reports and bad feedback. If we want it, it should not be the
>       first template at least ;-)

Renaming it might be a good idea anyway as "CubaLibre" is politically loaded
and might or might not be offensive to some. While that is ok for optional
downloadable content, for a masterpage in the core product it might be better
to stay with something more neutral. @Alex: Any suggestions for an alternative
name? I will do that adjustment then together with the removal of BrightBlue as
both need to touch the list of masterpage names.

@Alex: Can you fix those up?

>        + Many of them has "ZoomOnPage" flag disabled => if you resize
>          the application window, the slide size stays the same. For
>          example, if you make the window smaller, you suddenly see only
>          part of the slide. If we enable "ZoomOnPage", the slide is
>          resized to follow the application window size (usual behavior).
>
>          I am not sure where this is set in the UI. I see it in the
>          document (settings.xml):
>
>          <config:config-item config:name="ZoomOnPage"
>            config:type="boolean">false</config:config-item>

Ok, I will try to adjust those.

@Alex: Can you take care of these two too?

> PS: All would be easier if we support flat ODF for templates or if we
> keep them in another repo. Them we need not be that careful about
> committing changes and could do changes more iteratively.

Given the cardhouse fragility of this area of code, I wouldnt want to go there
for 3.6.

Best,

Bjoern