Cleaning bug list

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:04:56 PDT 2012

I'll modify the orientation today or tomorrow and try to see where
regression should fit. I think that it has to go in Priority and not in
Severity. As for how devs use it, I agree completely that right now it's
almost useless but maybe if it becomes more uniform and it actually
provides some information as to what the bug is doing....who knows. For
instance for me, at this point my abilities are pretty low so trivial
bugs seem to be the go to...hopefully in the future this changes. As for
users prioritizing themselves, I've (mentioned/suggested/got irritated
with) in comments a couple users setting Severity to Critical for
something as minor as Conditional Formatting, it's almost to the point
that it is useless to "let" the end user categorize their own bugs like
this.

Maybe regression should automatically set Priority to "Highest"
regardless of how many people are affected.

Ok off to work. Glad it at least seems a little useful. I have such
limited experience in programming/programming projects that I just felt
a bit overwhelmed so this helped me quite a bit last night when I was
going through bugs.

Joel