[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #4

Marco Cecchetti mrcekets at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:33:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:30:06 +0200, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Marco Cecchetti wrote:
>> I started studying how to support repeated animations and performed
>> several tests. Support is not yet available anyway I have some idea
>> for getting it working.
>> Now to animations and repeated to animations are handled by both
>> the C++ and the JavaScript presentation engine as the SMIL spec
>> describes.
>>
> Hi Marco,
>
> nice writeup there - but I think with questions like how SMIL is to
> be interpreted, we should move that to this list. Otherwise great
> analysis.

Hi Thorsten,
yep, SMIL is not always simple to interpret, however there is
a list of reasons that lead me to such an interpretation here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GSLPSIWRGSDTSi69dT9Te8tRyTJcAekxT7scoCoGO2M/edit?pli=1#heading=h.fn5e5n4gmpg0

Obviously I'm happy to discuss them on this list. :)

> Slightly tangential - how about filing a few easy hacks for adding
> more shape and slide animations? It's mostly busy work, and a nice
> rewarding experience for new hackers - here's how:
>
>   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

Ok, I appended it to my to do list.
Is there some animation you're especially interested in ?

>> I started also investigating the possibility to add support for
>> hyperlink to the svg export filter. Finally I merged the
>> feature/svg-export branch to the master branch, so now support
>> for shape and slide transitions is available on the master branch.
>>
> Lovely - that gives a nice teaser for people to download & try our
> nightlies. :)
>
> With the pending changes, would you want to create a new
> features/svg-export2 branch & stick them in there for me & others to
> play?

Just to be sure I got it correctly:
do you mean a new branch separated from the feature/svg-export
branch where I push my contributions weekly ?

Cheers,
-- Marco