How to integrate an image into the source tree

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jun 19 03:36:57 PDT 2012

Hi Rafael,

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 14:20 -0430, Rafael Dominguez wrote:
> Im trying to use a picture in my dialog for a button, i added the
> image (check.png) to icon-themes/galaxy/sfx2/res folder but when i
> compile, i get an error msg

	Sounds exciting :-) In theory galaxy is the root or base-theme of all
other themes, so adding it there should work just fine.

> The image(s) <check> could not be found.

	It is quite probable that there is some odd path behaviour going on
there, I forget how the search paths for icons work; the command-line
looks sensible I suppose. Perhaps you could do:

	strace -f -e file make 2>&1 | grep check

	and see where it is being looked for path wise; presumably it's getting
it wrong. There could be some file extensions munging too IIRC there was
some .bmp -> .png auto-conversion that might go wrong.

	Failing that poking in rsc/ itself and adding some debug might help ?

	HTH !

		Michael.