#51213 Rendered text under Ubuntu's Writer is wider than Windows

Nguyễn Vũ Hưng vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 04:40:25 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>        Which put another way means - this is not the right mailing list to
> 'push' anything,

Please excuse my English - my second language - :),
I've looked up a dictionary I found that I did mean something else.

> except development of fixes :-) if you want to work on
> a patch to fix it (and it may well be a simple font issue I havn't
> looked), then this is the right place; otherwise please discuss it on
> the discuss list.

I really wanted to but it is a pitty that I can't code in C++.

By the way, when viewing the file with the same font (Arial), the
widths look the same.

It seems the under Windows or Linux, rendering with DejaVu fonts are
not correct.

---

Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )
vuhung16plus{remove}@gmail.dot.com , YIM: vuhung16 , Skype:
vuhung16plus, twitter: vuhung, MSN: vuhung16.
http://www.facebook.com/nguyenvuhung
Nguyễn Vũ Hưng's blog on Free and Open Source:
http://nguyenvuhungvietnam.wordpress.com/
Học tiếng Nhật: http://hoc-tiengnhat.blogspot.com/
Vietnamese LibreOffice: http://libo-vi.blogspot.com/
Mozilla & Firefox tiếng Việt: http://mozilla-vi.blogspot.com/

Disclaimer: When posted to social networking groups include, but not
limited Linux Users' Groups, Free and Open Sources forums, mailing
lists, the above is my personal opinion and is *not* the opinion of my
employer(s), associations and/or groups I join.