#51213 Rendered text under Ubuntu's Writer is wider than Windows

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jun 19 04:55:27 PDT 2012

Hi Nguyen,

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 20:40 +0900, Nguyễn Vũ Hưng wrote:
> > except development of fixes :-) if you want to work on
> > a patch to fix it (and it may well be a simple font issue I havn't
> > looked), then this is the right place; otherwise please discuss it on
> > the discuss list.
>
> I really wanted to but it is a pitty that I can't code in C++.

	In which case - this is the wrong place to discuss the issue. We should
discuss it in the bug, and keep the developers' list free of this sort
of traffic.

> By the way, when viewing the file with the same font (Arial), the
> widths look the same.
> It seems the under Windows or Linux, rendering with DejaVu fonts are
> not correct.

	Almost certainly you have a font metrics problem. If we don't have the
same (or a metrically compatible font) on both platforms it is
impossible for us to render it in the same geometry.

	But please - end this thread here; this sort of "please look at my bug"
E-mail doesn't belong on the developers list ;-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.