[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 19 07:08:54 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:05:05PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> > The second step however does not yet work as long as gerrit does not own the
> > repository. Thats why it is so damn important, that everyone gets his gerrit
> > account set up as requested a month ago, so that we can switch over completely.
>
> "damn important" will not get you there, I am afraid - only explaining,
> and making it no harder than the current workflow will do.

That mail one month ago was just asking to login to gerrit once and setup your
key -- not yet using it/playing with it (although that is appreciated too),
which is what I ask people to do now. I hope that we can switch over to gerrit
completely in another month and if there are a lot of people suddenly
"surprised" by the change(*), we might run out of smart, unsurprised people who
actually had a look at what is coming before.

So I guess the lesson is: Be smart, dont be one of the surprised people. ;)

Best,

Bjoern

(*) read not having set up and tested their keys