[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jun 19 08:46:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:04 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Which is the problem. Besides asking just to do that it should have also said
> why one should do that. I'm one of the people who haven't done that,
> because 'Do it because.' scores pretty low with my motivation.

	My hope is that by encouraging the use of gerrit in parallel with the
mailing list, the benefits will become sufficiently obvious over time
that the old way of merging patches mailed to the list (while still an
option) will seem to be the more annoying way to do things ;-)

	So - I think we should give gerrit a break; and play with it and see
what happens - though I agree the absence of a 10 bullet TLDR; rational
has been a bit of a frustration; I'm sure we'll get past that.

	Either way - we'll discuss this at the ESC on Thursday if you want to
join in.

	HTH,

		Michael.