gerrit for release branches (bots ftw?)

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Jun 20 09:31:25 PDT 2012

Bjoern Michaelsen píše v Út 19. 06. 2012 v 21:27 +0200:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 07:57:30PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > One more idea. This is not easy to compare. I wonder if you could create
> > a table when you will compare the basic operations side by side. I mean
> > something like https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnCrashCourse
>
> Started here:
>
>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/compare

Thanks for this page. I think that it is pretty useful and promising.

I am still a bit scared when I imagine the many branches for each user
and cherry-picking between them. I know that most actions will be
handled by gerrit. Maybe, I just do not know some git tricks. Anyway, I
hope that I will not get lost ;-)

Thanks for answering all the questions. You know, it is a big switch and
people do not know what to expect. Most people do not have time to play
with gerrit to discover everything themselves.

Best Regards,
Petr