[libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:47:51 PDT 2012

foreword:  please trim the quotation when you reply...

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM, David Ostrovsky <david.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:

> May be I'm missing something obvious here, but how would it change the
> things if you would use command line instead of web UI?

Choice is a great thing.

> AFAIKs it can not be solved with gerrit: only i can change my gerrit
> patch/change.

really ?
I just did exactly that on https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/229/

> The only way i can think of: you would have to create your own gerrit patch
> and make it depends on my.
> But then tinderboxes must know, that these two patches *must* be chained
> together to be successfully verified.

gerrit has the notion of 'depend' on and the tinderbox _can_ be taught
about that, but really there is no reason to get unbuildable commit in
On of the main advantage of gerrit 'review' workflow is that stuff can
be rewritten even after having been 'published' for review...
if a patch is borked, then it need to be amended. pushing a patch on
top of it to fix it is ugly and render bisection pretty hard.

Norbert