[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jun 20 22:31:15 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 01:43:26PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:26:23PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> When the gerrit repos are the "true one source" and gerrit will do
>> the "push" automatically once someone validates the patch in the
>> web interface, what will "Committer" be? The one that uploaded the
>> patch or the one that validated it in the web interface?  IMHO it
>> would be nice if it would be the one that validated in the web
>> interface.

> Author will be the whoever was the original author. Commiter will be
> be the guy/gal pressing the submit button. Everyone giving a
> codereview+1 will be a signoff in the commit.

So you are saying "Committer" will be the one giving codereview+2?
That's nice!

I also understand our policies will *not* be automated? By policies, I
mean:

 - libreoffice-3-5 needs *one* review
 - libreoffice-3-5-5 needs *three* reviews

In a dream world, gerrit would be configured for these policies, and
would automatically push a patch that has *one* codereview+2-for-3-5
to libreoffice-3-5, but automatically push a patch that has *three*
codereview+2-for-3-5-5 to libreoffice-3-5-5.

I understand gerrit is not able to "understand" such policies and we
will continue to enforce them "manually" by giving only codereview+1
unless there are already two other codereview+1.

--
Lionel