[libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Wed Jun 20 23:26:09 PDT 2012

> > Still, this removes the comments from many people's (potential) sight.
> > The IMO big advantage of the "everything on a single mailing list"
> > approach is that everybody is forced ;) to see everything (modulo
> > information overload)
>
> So, IMHO that advantage not only has its drawbacks (information overload),
> it is also mostly an illusion. Peoples forced _potential_ sight isnt really helping
> us here at all.
> And the drawback (information overload) is hitting those hardest, who have
> not finetuned their procmail for month/years -- read: newcomers and
> volunteers.

Not wanting to interfere, just to provide some feedback:
being a volunteer and being on the brink of newcomer and not-quite newcomer, the mailing list gives me a lot of information. Comments on submitted patches can be very informative for me. And you may know that information overload is something that I suffer from more than others.

I also learn a lot about gerrit and change-processes in groups, by the way :)

All the best,

Winfried