Breakpoints

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jun 21 01:50:19 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 12:04 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> Thanks I'll look through those links. One thing I noticed on the wiki
> is that it says to do this:
> cd /opt/libreoffice/program

	:-)

> when I install from source it never installs there so I was confused
> for a second (or two). I think maybe updating the wiki to include a
> couple examples or at least a link to the first site you provided
> could be useful.

	Sure - perhaps better to use a generic install/program path - which
then would match the 'make dev-install' location. Feel free to
edit/improve the wiki :-)

	Another thing about gdb is that breakpoints on C++ functions have
traditionally not work out that well for me; there is always some
gotcha: two forms of object constructor, polymorphic methods,
tab-completion not working / and/or taking forages.

	So typically I use what (I suspect) IDE's use, and appears to be well
debugged, putting a break-point at a specific module & line number:

	break view.cxx:1234

	then:

	thread apply all backtrace
or	t a a bt