[libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 21 03:10:23 PDT 2012

Hi Kendy,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:25:18AM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> I believe this way we might keep both camps ("everything into ML" like
> me, and "only discussions on the ML" like Bjoern) happy - because the
> people who want to have only discussions on the ML would be able to
> filter out messages based on the X-gerrit-review: header easily.

Not really, as I am not concern for myself here (or anyone a bit more involved
in the project, who thus has some kind of fancy filtering setup), but people
who are newcomer/volunteers and are invested in the project vacational.

Tuning the defaults of the notifications on the mailing list to those who are
heavily involved (and have custom tooling, filtering etc. in place) would be
wrong. These guys will always be able to opt-in or -out of any information
relevant to them anyway . So the list should give a good place for vocational
contributors by default and then be tweakable (by opt-in) to be the
truckload-of-traffic-because-I-know-my-filters-monster only second.

Best,

Bjoern