libicudata in non-standard directory linking issues.

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 05:51:09 PDT 2012

On 20/06/12 00:15, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> to get icu working on Openindiana/Illumos/Solaris ...
>
> http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/9390
>
> I downloaded the very latest icu4c from icu-project and then worked
> through the source till I compiled it ... :)
>
> I put a patch on their bug system to get it to compile on Solaris ...
> although someone would need to check if that actually fixed it for
> other platforms.

can you try to add this patch to the internal ICU build?

i.e. something like

 diff -ur misc/build/icu-unpatched/ misc/build/icu/ > solarisgcc.patch

then add that patch in icu/makefile.mk to the PATCH_FILES variable.

that would allow you to use the internal ICU.

> I do set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH before autogen/configure/gmake ...
> this specific batch of commands is especially annoying because it
> overrides the default LD_LIBRARY_PATH, rather than setting
> 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$O/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"' or similar.

yes that is kind of sub-optimal, but if LO can't use the library on the
system then eventually we'll need to build our bundled one so we can put
it into the installation set anyway...