[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Jun 21 05:07:45 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 22:46 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:47:48PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>
> > My point is basically that it is too much of an investment for a
> > casual contributor... If we could make that easier by allowing plain
> > username+password (or exporting bugzilla accounts over OpenID? I guess
> > that would be *more* work), I feel it would lower the barrier to entry
> > to gerrit.
>
> I think you are part of a very, very rare demographic there

By the way ...

There is a group of people--well, one person anyway--more concerned
with trusting *myself* to understand the daunting user agreements
presented by the OpenId providers.  I brought this up on the discuss
list in the sub-thread "Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: AskLibO blitzes"
<http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/msg08774.html">.
The discussion in the sub-thread quickly moved back to the question of
users trusting the providers; that proves that my concern is not
widespread.

Terry.