[REVIEW 3-5-5] proposal of a patch to solve a crasher when saving a spreadsheet with track-change

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 03:26:00 PDT 2012

Hi Markus,

On Thursday, 2012-06-21 20:16:24 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> Looks like a good workaround for the release branch but personally I'm
> not happy with this patch for master.

Well, yes and no. At least it fixes the crash.

> It very much looks like another bug fix that just hides the problem
> instead of fixing the underlying problem. I see no reason why we could
> not use the old stream if we able change tracking and the stream is
> not marked invalid. Every bug that prevents that very much looks like
> a problem that should be fixed and not another ugly workaround added
> to hide it.

But yes, the real cause is modification of a table's stream during
replay of the change tracking. I think we could get rid of formula
expressions to be recalculated if we maintain the formula result in
change tracking, that originally wasn't implemented because it wasn't
necessary as rejecting a change always recalculates the result anyway,
but ODF made storing the result mandatory. With the newer
ScFormulaResult that should be possible quite easy. I think we'd also
need to internally manage numeric values of value cells differently.
_Maybe_ we then could even get rid of (that part of?) the replay
altogether.

> Anyway pushed to 3-5 with my sign-off. If you want it in 3-5-5 you
> need to write a new mail with correct subject and 2 more sign-offs.
> Please also use REVIEW-3-5 in the future.

Count my review in, so one more needed for 3-5-5

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD