[REVIEW-3-5] revert http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=6c6a4ed070acc0b106e951864fa5d20927f5c1e0

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:12:08 PDT 2012

Hey,

we need to revert
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=6c6a4ed070acc0b106e951864fa5d20927f5c1e0
in 3-5. The patch is correct and does the right thing but sadly our
cell export code is insane and therefore this patch makes our export
incredibly slow if we have a whole formatted column. After looking
into the code and my profiling results I see no easy solution for this
problem and think that the performance problem is much worse than the
bug this patch fixed. See fdo#49582 for a bug which is caused by this
commit. I will also revert this commit in master and 3-6 because we
will not be able to fix the underlying problem with a bit of
refactoring of the export code.

Regards,
Markus