Can #32260 and 51135 be closed? -- both: Request for account

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 26 09:51:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 05:03:43PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 13:09 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > And as penality you can review/cherry-pick Muhammads patch at:
> >  https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/236/
>
> 	I tried and failed ;-) there is some unexpected complexity with
> logerrit cherry-pick of a patch that is already merged in gerrit (or
> something) ?

Yes, it seems that you cannot cherrypick _after_ it is merged in gerrit.
Usually that makes a lot of sense, as the patch will be on master at that time.
Its only an issue as long as we need to manually push over to fd.o.

So for now one should not click "publish and submit", but use "publish
comments" instead unless one has pushed the patch to fd.o too. Gerrit will
notice the change to be merged anyway on the next sync.

I tweaked logerrit (for now) to not do the Wrong Thing(tm) with:

 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b0cb1955daf41617a3abc72f153d858570d6e515

So again, this is a temporary issue that will be gone when gerrit "owns" the
repo as then you do not need the ref anymore once the patch is in.

Best,

Bjoern