Help in fixing gradient bug

Aakriti Gupta aakriti.a.gupta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:38:03 PDT 2012

Hi Thorsten,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Thorsten Behrens <
thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Aakriti Gupta wrote:
> > Which files do I look into for exporting of embedded documents in pdfs,
> > e.g. charts inserted in a presentation to be exported to pdf? This bug
> > seems to be higher on our priority list.
> >
> Hi there,
>
> it's the same backend code that I referenced in my earlier email -
> it all gets broken down to rather few graphic operations.
>
> The content itself, for embedded documents, is rendered by the
> applications - for charts, a Draw document is synthesized, then
> rendered. It would help to know more details of the problem, to give
> you a more specific direction.

I tested some ppt files which had Embedded objects. I realize most linked
objects except for MS Visio object, export fine. Are Visio docs also
synthesized by Draw?

When I open the ppt (which has an embedded Visio document) in Impress, the
object is rendered incomplete, i.e. the text shows but not the rectangles
and arrows.

Where do you think I should into the code for this.

Cheers,

--
Thanks!

-Aakriti