Window background (was: Re: [ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.0.0 beta2 available for testing)

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:13:32 PDT 2012

Hi ape, Kendy, (Mirek,)

CC'ing Mirek, since he proposed the look...

>   His eyes involuntarily seek the boundaries between objects: a page, the
> working area or a ruler.
>   If the objects are:
>   a) a very bright or dark;
>   b) have almost the same color and have no boundary lines;
>   c) have too much color contrast
>   lens of the muscles are working constantly. So my eyes tire quickly.
> Therefore, all the Office Suites have The Windows that have color schemes
> are very similar.

Tbh, I am not exactly sure what to take from this description ... I
don't find it eye-straining to work with LibO 3.6. (Then again, for
most actual productivity tasks I use Linux – where I am using the
similarly light Clearlooks theme, though.)

However, I agree that the document background is now a little light –
even the colour "Gray 10%" is darker now than the default window
background on Vista/7.
What bugs me much more than the default being a bit light though is
that the ruler background as well as the Start Center background
colour will stay the same no matter what application background colour
is chosen. IMHO these colours should be the same as the normal window
background, IMHO.

Astron.