Filter Selection Dialog

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jun 28 02:05:37 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 09:25 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I am trying to track down how LO is handling the Filter Selection
> dialog found
> here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=55136

	:-) that does look bad.

> I have tracked down the framework
> here: http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/uui/source/fltdlg.src#45  but am yet to see how the actual list is being generated inside of the dialog. Any guidance greatly appreciated.

	Right - so each .src file (that describes a UI resource) has an
associated .cxx file that refers to those resources using these magic
defines:

     45     ListBox LB_FILTERS

	so:

$ git --no-pager grep LB_FILTERS
uui/source/fltdlg.cxx:    ,   m_lbFilters  ( this, ResId( LB_FILTERS, *pResMgr        )                   )

	usually they are next to each other like this. So:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/uui/source/fltdlg.cxx#91

	Looks like a good method to do another git grep on to unwind this. Why
we're getting that filter dialog for a .docx file though - that is
interesting & prolly a different issue ;-)

> As a side note...I fried my hard drive last night....so I'm offline
> until replacement arrives in a few days (got to love Dell Extended
> Warranty) :)

	Drat - well, LibreOffice can kill hardware I'm afraid; hope it recovers
soon.

	All the best,

		Michael.