ScInterpreter::Interpret() backtraces during ODS import

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 08:16:06 PDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

On Wednesday, 2012-06-27 16:34:38 -0500, Daniel Bankston wrote:

> When ScInterpreter::Interpret()
> is called multiple times, I assume that each call is for each
> formula cell, although I have not thoroughly verified this.

Your assumption is correct.

> Does this mean we are indeed unnecessarily recalculating formula
> results even though we have imported formula results at our
> disposal?

As discussed on IRC yesterday, yes and no.. unnecessarily if we could
trust all results are identical to what we would calculate, including
modifications that might had been done by other processors and
differences that may result from improved algorithms / changed behavior
in our own code.

So, a possible solution could be to set formula cells dirty only if the
content of the <meta:generator> element differs from the current office
version.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD