EasyHack #41291 playterm build session

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Jun 29 09:59:14 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:16:34AM -0700, Pietro F. Menna wrote:
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> I could not upload to playterm.org. I believe it is due to the size of the file.
>
> I will start all over the process. This file I have sent you contain almost 6
> hours of build time. I believe, I could make one shorter by just teaching how
> to get the first build one and how to get the dependencies. I believe
> something like at most 45 minutes (including the time spent on git during
> downloading the main repo).
>
> I will do this by the end of this weekend.

Another thing to look into is to do the build itself inside of tmux or gnu screen:

 http://tmux.sourceforge.net/
 http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/

that would allow you to not having to record all the output of the build, but
still being able to take a look at the progress ...

I dont know, if and how those work together with ttyrecord though, so just a thought ...

Best,

Bjoern