Using a real parser generator to parse numbers (and dates)

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Mar 1 08:25:36 PST 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 01:56:08PM +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>> If 4.4/4.5 are OK, but "only" 4.6.0-4.6.9 are to be blacklisted, I'd
>> argue it is not a significant problem.

> What about the 4.0.1 used for Mac OS X builds?

What was being discussed above was a bug present in GCC 4.6.9, but not
in some but fixed in 4.6.12, so it does not give us any information on
GCC 4.0.

I've found the official Spirit take on this:

http://boost-spirit.com/home/info/spirit-v2-x-compiler-compatibility/

Compiler	Vendor	Notes
g++ for Windows, Linux, and MacOS	GNU	All versions >= 3.4.x