minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 13:39:29 PST 2012

On 01/03/12 22:25, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 20:47 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>> AA:		+ l/strace-alike for UNO (Stephan)
>>
>> On a more constructive note  ;)  the above already exists, in the form
>> of <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Spec/Log_Environment>.
>
> 	Great - so then, perhaps the GSOC task might be polishing this - making
> it easy to use [ in particular tracing ~everything a-la strace by
> default and using using grep later is a rather useful thing ].

this page here has an "uno:log:affine" example, but i have no idea what
that does, or whether it even works:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Spec/Purpose_Environment

> 	Also - we need a dynamic_cast<> alike that hides the UNO tunnel-ness,
> and (hopefully) does it more simply / easily too - otherwise (I guess)
> all of that breaks when we start to trace - though some easy way to
> implement XTunnel (or preferably the absence of a need to - surely UNO
> knows / can do that for us ? ) would be wonderful.

something like sw::UnoTunnelGetImplementation?
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/inc/unobaseclass.hxx#132

wanted to move that out of sw some time...

there's also a method for the implementation, but that could still be
simpler, say with a template base class mix-in that also defines the ID...

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/inc/unobaseclass.hxx#145