how to change the compile-time default settings, like page setting to B5

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 2 02:25:59 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 09:26 +0800, huqitu du wrote:
> I found
> this http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/433/how-do-i-change-my-default-font-from-times-new
> but this is not me wanted, I want to change default settings from
> source file, so I can make a installer, and when I install Office, the
> changed value is  there.

	In general, the way I would do that is to backup your settings
directory and then change the setting you want to change by default and
exit. Now you have two settings directories, one with and one without
the change.

	diff -ur from the old to new settings directory

	You'll almost certainly find the change in a huge, non-line-wrapped XML
file. So, turn that into something pretty:

	xmllint --format foo.xml > baa.xml

	both for before and after; then diff -u again - that'll show you which
setting is the one to change.

	Then poke in officecfg/ which as the default configuration, and tweak
the equivalent setting there - re-compile that, and you should have an
updated default.

	Hope that helps.

	Regards,

		Michael.