[PUSHED 3-5] lp#527938, debian#602953, fdo#33266, i#105408: do not crash on clicking bibliography when base isnt installed

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Mar 6 10:02:04 PST 2012

Hi Bjoern,

On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 18:23 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> please review:
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=1889c1af41650576a29c587a0b2cdeaf0d297587

	Not hyper-happy with the fix personally :-) it leaves other methods eg.
loadView just below that look decidedly flaky in a similar way.

> which fixes the longstanding "LibreOffice crashes on clicking
> bibliography without base being installed"-issue.

	Couldn't we package the bibliography component into base ? ;-) or is
that too extreme. Could we fail more cleanly in component_getFactory or
somesuch ?

	Anyhow - it looks sensible and if it fixes the bug that's great, so I
cherry-picked to libreoffice-3-5 :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.