Positioning vcl Controls

Andrew Higginson at.higginson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 04:28:09 PST 2012

Hi,

I am working on the about dialog and because the changes are quite
large, I am pretty much doing the positioning of all controls in the
dialog from scratch.

So I wanted to ask what is the best way to do this as I can see two main ways:
 * Positioning them using MAP_APPFONT() and the Pos attribute in the .src file
or
 * Doing it dynamically in the cxx file with SetPos

However I also saw in the slides from FOSDEM that some work is being
done to make laying out easier, with Boxes and Grids.

So yeah, any advice you can give with regards to the best/accepted way
to position the controls would be much appreciated :)

--
Andrew Higginson