Question about Bug 40686: Opening the attached file crashes LibreOffice - FILEOPEN

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 05:02:23 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 12:35 +0100, Dézsi Szabolcs wrote:
> Adding a simple if( nLinePitch != 0 ) before the line seems to solve
> the problem, documents load with it.
>
> Question: should I use this solution (if it's a solution) or this
> causes other issues somewhere else?

That nLinePitch comes from "sprmSDyaLinePitch", e.g.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd923455%28v=office.12%29.aspx
so "value MUST be greater than or equal to 1, and MUST be less than or
equal to 31680" is apparently the valid range for that value, so yeah,
ignoring it outside of that range seems the sane thing to do.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c0db5469d9bb289075914e60ced856698a6ae249

C.