Issue with delivering of main_transform.xsl on 3.5 and later

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:07:29 PDT 2012

2012/3/12 Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz>:
> Hi Petr, Tomas,
>
> On 2012-03-12 at 10:52 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
>
>> > I am currently solving tiny bug [1][2] we have in Gentoo about the file in the
>> > topic.
>> > It used to be delivered with help disabled on 3.4 but with 3.5 on the file is
>> > no longer around so offline help is not available for users.
>> >
>> > Does anyone happen to know what should I patch to make it install like in 3.4?
>>
>> This file defines how to display local help, it should not be necessary
>> for offline help that is in wiki and is displayed in a browser. So, the
>> clean solution is to found why it is accessed at all. Kendy, do you have
>> any idea?
>
> No idea without further looking, sorry :-(  Tomas - can you please
> identify the commit that changed that?

Well the problem is that it was completely changed with move from 3.4
to 3.5 afaics.

We in Gentoo are using that file because we use the helppack build in
the RPM files (same as translations) as those two really slow down the
build time with no real benefit for the user. So the crash is proper
because we are using local help files not the wiki. If I do not store
the helpfiles the online wiki loads properly.

Also I could kill the offlinehelp completely to work around this issue :)

Cheers

Tom