[RESOLVED] 3.5 installer problem, some registry items missing

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 07:15:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 10:25 +0000, Noel Power wrote:
> I suspect there is something very simple going on here, perhaps to do
> with the lodev vrs lo ? ( so maybe this doesn't affect the release at all )

FWIW, Noel said...

It is purely a dev build issue and it appear it is intentional, it
seems windows dev-build is supposed to be parallel installable and in
this case it would make no sense for the install to re-register the
active x object activation against the dev install soffice.exe ( or bin
or whatever.

There is some command one can issue to the msi thingy to make it do the
registration ( not sure whether the un-installer though will clean up
properly in that case )

Now I just set the ENABLE_RELEASE_BUILD to true before building the
install to get the old normal non-parallel build msi installer that
does the right thing