Issue with vcl Text Control

Andrew Higginson at.higginson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:50:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

In the about dialog I am working on, I have some text which needs to
wrap over 2 or more lines.

The control is a vcl::FixedText, however the issue is that this control
(AFAIK) cannot wrap text.

I have tried to therefore use a MultiLineEdit
(svtools/inc/svtools/svmedit.hxx) however the issue with this is that
the text always has a white background - I need the control to have a
transparent background, something I can do with a FixedText with

aFixedText.SetBackground();

So basically my question is, is there a way to wrap text on a FixedText,
or make the background on a MultiLinEdit transparent (or is there a
better text control I can use?)

Thanks

--
Andrew