what's with the linking warnings?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 10:53:14 PDT 2012

On 12/03/12 10:10, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm curious - what's with the linking warnings:
>      [ WARN   ] !!!
>      [ WARN   ] !!! smoketest/smoketest is linked in by
> Library/libsmoketest.so CppunitTest/libtest_smoketest.so
>      [ WARN   ] !!!
>
> They seem to have been there for as long as I've been building
> LibreOffice (the last 4 months) - are they indicative of an actual problem?

yes, that kind of thing only works "by accident", depending on whether
the library that happens to propagate its flags to the object file
happens to have flags that also work for the other library.  apparently
people think it's not a problem, given the ever rising number of these
warnings... i've now fixed the ones that occur with my configuration,
which required adding a couple more static libraries...