[PROPOSAL] get rid of clone/*, use git submodules for binfilter, dictionaries and help

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:44:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at suse.cz> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> Is this really an issue? Right now only the relevant repos are cloned
> (e.g. by default translations is not cloned), if you do the same with
> submodule init, translations could be a submodule as well. Or did I miss
> something?

you are right...
that would means that ./g remain but is adapted to update the
appropriate submodules based on bin/git-repos

I could each ./g pull to update the submodules after pulling core...
and other user-friendly stuff ...
I need to play a bit more with it

> Just to be clear: this is true for any non-core commit, not only merges.

only to the extent that you care for that commit to be visible in core...
practically if you are going to push a patch series on binfilter for
instance, there is no reason to upgrade core at every commits.

but yes you are right it is not only 'merge'

Norbert