Issue with vcl Text Control

Andrew Higginson at.higginson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:08:10 PDT 2012

Hi,

>> So basically my question is, is there a way to wrap text on a FixedText,
>> or make the background on a MultiLineEdit transparent (or is there a
>> better text control I can use?)

> Use SetPaintTransparent( sal_True );
> If I remember correctly :)

Okay so that worked but now I have another problem as a result.

Strangely, underneath this MultiLineEdit, there is now the same text as
in the MultiLineEdit - like some 'ghost' text (you can see this here
http://i.imgur.com/oAArn.png)

Also, for this control I need to use a different font, which I am doing
with:
    Font aLargeFont = GetSettings().GetStyleSettings().GetLabelFont();
    aLargeFont.SetSize( Size( 0, aLargeFont.GetSize().Height() * 1.5 ) );
    aLargeFont.SetFillColor( Color( 46, 52, 54 ) );
    aDescriptionText.SetFont( aLargeFont );

However when using the MultiLineEdit, this font is not applied to the
text (but strangely, it is applied to the 'ghost' text underneath)

Any help? :/

--
Andrew

PS: here is the part of the .src file where the MultiLineEdit is

    MultiLineEdit ABOUT_DESCRIPTION_TEXT
    {
        Border = FALSE ;
        Pos = MAP_APPFONT ( 54 , 6 ) ;
        Size = MAP_APPFONT ( 118 , 16 ) ;
        IgnoreTab = TRUE ;
        ReadOnly = TRUE ;
        AutoVScroll = TRUE ;
        LEFT = FALSE ;
        CENTER = TRUE ;
        RIGHT = FALSE ;
        Text [ en-US ] = "LibreOffice is a modern, easy-to-use, open
source productivity suite for word processing, spreadsheets,
presentations and more.";
        Pos = MAP_APPFONT ( 54 , 100 ) ;
        Size = MAP_APPFONT ( 415 , 30 ) ;
    };