[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.4.6 RC2 test builds available

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:32:04 PDT 2012

Hi Rainer, all

It's my belief that we will have to rethink our release concept.

It is true that this model tends to accumulate regressions. Unfortunately
it is not easy to measure if adding more features is attracting more users
than repelling users because of regressions/unsolved problems...
On a positive note see how far this has taken us since release 3.3.0 ;)

Please excuse me that I can't tell anything more enthusiastic.

TBH I am quite enthusiastic that the long standing regression Bug #36982
(which caused data loss and was reported 10 months ago) was finally
squashed.

But I do agree that killing branches (without solving all regressions)
means that users are being left behind as the project moves forward...
Maybe branch 3.4.x should continue to be updated (in the same way that
Mozilla keeps fixing bugs in version 3.6.x, with x currently at 28, even
though the latest version is 11.0...) until at least all 3.3.x regressions
are fixed???

Regards,
Pedro